PLAN YOUR DREAMS!

PLAN YOUR DREAMS!



Peggy Doviak



Peggy Doviak

Peggy Doviak

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Cleveland County Chronicle is Changing Formats

Some of you may know that I write a column for The Cleveland County Chronicle, a local newspaper serving Cleveland County. Today I learned that the publication is becoming electronic. I would like to encourage you to check out the website, theccchronicle.com, and enjoy the hometown content. At first, I was disappointed that the "paper" wouldn't be paper anymore, but I realized that I get much of my news from the internet, and what I don't get there, I watch on cable television. I don't read papers either!

A problem of this transition involves some people's reluctance or fear of learning how to use the internet. I would like to challenge you to work with someone who still views themselves as computer illiterate, and teach them how to go online. Share your email address with them, and correspond until they feel comfortable on their own. Seniors can be particularly uncertain in using the technology, but the fear isn't limited in generations. Some of my senior clients love emailing grandchildren and checking out the latest pictures on Facebook! But you will do a great deed if you help someone make the transition.

Be Prosperous!
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment