PLAN YOUR DREAMS!

PLAN YOUR DREAMS!



Peggy Doviak



Peggy Doviak

Peggy Doviak

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2010, the second decade of the new millenium! My name is Peggy Doviak, and I'm a fee-only CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER(tm) practitioner and a portfolio manager. Before I entered the finance field, I was a freshman composition instructor and then a corporate trainer. I changed careers when I saw some close friends suffer huge financial losses in their portfolios because they didn't understand investing, and they trusted that their financial professionals would take care of them. Now, many financial advisors are wonderful, but I believe it is still important for every single American to understand their money.

That's the goal of this blog. We are going to talk about all different kinds of financial issues, everything from budgeting to estate planning to knowing what questions to ask an advisor. Did you know that the number one New Year's resolution is getting control of money issues? If you break this goal into little pieces, it is much easier to achieve.

Most days I will give you a task. Your task for today is to write down where you would like to be financially in one month, one year, five years, and twenty years. If you would like to comment on these goals and dreams in the blog, feel free to do so!

Disclaimer: I work with many financial literacy organizations and teach for the College for Financial Planning. Please kinow that everything I say this year is only my opinion and doesn't reflect the views of any organization. Also, information I provide might not work for your risk tolerance or individual needs. Investing is risky, and you can lose money.

No comments:

Post a Comment